Jim Turner’s fascination with real estate sparked in his early 20’s when he and his wife purchased their first home. “I worked initially as a residential agent but was eventually persuaded by friends to dabble a bit in commercial real estate. I was hooked!”
Years later with a productive career in national and regional commercial real estate in tow, Jim now proudly focuses exclusively on the Santa Barbara market. “I feel fortunate to be working in this industry in this beautiful city our family calls home.”
Early on Jim specialized in retail leasing and sales with the national firm Grubb & Ellis in Ventura County. Later he joined Investec Real Estate where he became vice president and director of acquisitions and leasing and was responsible for the acquisition and disposition of over 550,000 SF of commercial space and 1,050 apartment units in excess of $91 million.
Jim also served as a vice president and West Coast acquisitions officer with the New York based firm Falcon Real Estate, where he amassed more than $235 million in transactions via the acquisitions of high-end apartments, investment-grade, net-leased investments and Class A office buildings in major West Coast markets including Seattle, San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego.
Prior to joining Radius, Jim was a broker with Latitude Commercial Real Estate in Santa Barbara where he specialized in investment sales in the local market, as well as exchanges and limited partnerships throughout the Western United States.
Raised in Piedmont, California, Jim moved to Santa Barbara where he attended Bishop Diego High School and later graduated from UCSB.
University of California, Santa Barbara
Memberships & Associations
- Boys & Girls Club of Santa Barbara, Past Board President
- Santa Barbara Region Chamber of Commerce, Board Chairman
- Cardinal Club, Board Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
“Balance in life is key. I stay very active during the week, whether swimming, volleyball, Frisbee golf, riding a bike or playing tennis.”
- Represented the Buyer in the Purchase of a high-end retail center at 2 Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, CA — Approx. 133,959 SF — $90,000,000
- Represented the Buyer in the Purchase of Mustang Village Apartments in San Luis Obispo, CA — 450-Unit Student Housing Complex — $9,257,000
- Represented the Seller in the Sale of the Elsinore Apartments in Solvang, CA — 29-Unit Complex — $3,330,000
- Represented Isolite Systems in the Lease of 29,487 SF Office/Warehouse space at 6868 Cortona Dr., Goleta, CA
- Represented Santa Barbara Infrared in the Lease of 20,250 SF Office space at 26 E. Calle Cesar Chavez, Santa Barbara, CA
- Represented Integrated Insurance in the Lease of 19,326 SF Office space at 90 Castilian Dr., Goleta, CA
- Represented Damitz, Brooks, Nightingale in the Lease of 7,457 SF Office space at 200 E. Carrillo St., Santa Barbara, CA