Robert Rauchhaus is a licensed California real estate broker specializing in commercial real estate as well as business brokering, with an emphasis on larger companies and those that have fused business/real estate interests.
Robert’s prior experience includes work in business valuations, exit planning and mergers and acquisitions with First Principle, Inc. He also gained valuable experience as a management consultant with McKinsey & Company. He has worked with clients in a variety of industries including assisted living / senior care, hotel / hospitality, defense-aerospace, energy, telecom, entertainment, food, transportation, agriculture and retail.
In addition to his work in the private sector, Robert has held academic appointments at Princeton, UC Santa Barbara and the National Defense University. He has also served as an infantryman in the Army National Guard and as a reserve police officer.
Robert earned his BA, MA, and PhD in political science from UC Berkeley, where he focused on conflict management and research methodology, including statistics and game theory. As a native of Santa Barbara, Robert has deep roots in the community and regularly volunteers with local non-profits.
The future is worth planning for.
- Business Sale: Building Supply Company, Santa Barbara Area — $1million+
- Lease: Retail, Santa Ynez Valley — 25,000sf
- Lease: Industrial, Goleta — 15,000sf
- Real Estate Sale: Retail/Office, Los Olivos — $4million+
- Business Sale: Food Industry, North Santa Barbara County — $1million+
- Real Estate: Agriculture, Carpentaria, 30+ acres — $7.5milion+
- Business Sale: Eco Manufacturing — $3.5million+
Memberships & Associations
- American Red Cross, Pacific Coast Chapter, Chairman of the Board
- University Club of Santa Barbara, Member
- Santa Barbara Trail Riders, Member
BA, MA, PhD, Political Science | University of California, Berkeley