I pride myself in being able to connect the dots, both the obvious and the unanticipated ones.
Gene Deering takes a creative, problem-solving approach in working with clients and brokering transactions. Over the past 13 years it’s helped him complete over 820 transactions valued at more than $1.1 billion working in tandem with Bob Tuler and Paul Gamberdella while at Radius. In fact, in 2018 the team completed 16 sales and 56 leases involving more than 770,000 sq. ft. and valued at more than $97 million. Prior to joining Radius, Gene began his career working for CB Richard Ellis in 2004.
A former college athlete, Gene takes consistency and performance to a whole other level, two traits that led to promotions to Senior Vice President in 2017, then Principal in 2018. He also doesn’t shy away from a challenge, stepping up to be a featured presenter at the annual Radius forecast during the past two years.
“I love being out there and competing,” he says, a fact that surely propelled him to three consecutive scholar athlete awards for his leadership on the UCSB Gauchos soccer team. “Once it became apparent I wasn’t going to be drafted into the MLS, I needed a new competitive passion. Commercial real estate was an ideal fit.”
Bachelor of Science, Business Economics | University of California, Santa Barbara
“Becoming a father to an amazing little guy has provided perspective and patience, while being married to an Olympic caliber marathon runner and founder of a local startup keeps me motivated. They both keep me on my toes!”
- 820 State St., Santa Barbara (64,979 SF): $25.1 Million
- Cabrillo Business Park, Goleta (5 Lots), Asking Price: $26 Million
- 6410–6460 Via Real, Carpinteria (86,000 SF): $20.1 Million
- 6267 Carpinteria Ave., Carpinteria (50,955 SF): $15.8 Million
- 26 Castilian Dr., Santa Barbara (75,239 SF): $13.6 Million
- 104 W. Anapamu St., Santa Barbara (40,300 SF): $13.5 Million
- Colony Square Center, Atascadero (47,600 SF): $12.9 Million
- 3757 State St., Santa Barbara (19,000 SF): $9.8 Million
- 6380 Via Real, Carpinteria (26 Acres): $8.1 Million
- 128 W. Canon Perdido St., Santa Barbara (18,054 SF): $8 Million
- 1424–1436 State St., Santa Barbara (15,094 SF): $7.5 Million
- 101 Garden St., Santa Barbara: 197,327 SF Land
- 6303–6307 Carpinteria Ave., Carpinteria: 88,200 SF Office (CKE Restaurants)
- 4151 Foothill Rd., Santa Barbara: 59,770 SF Office/Medical (Sansum Clinic)
- 6155 Carpinteria Ave., Carpinteria: 47,600 SF Industrial Building (S&S Seeds)
- 5290 Overpass Rd., Goleta: 43,000 SF Industrial (Mammoth Moving)
- 6550 Hollister Ave., Goleta: 39,875 SF Office Space (Cottage Hospital)
- 6775 Hollister Ave., Goleta: 39,000 SF R&D Space (Safe Laboratories)
- 6395 Cindy Lane, Carpinteria: 34,000 SF Industrial
- 3908 State St., Ste. 103, Santa Barbara: 20,564 SF Retail (Gold’s Gym)
- 928 State St., Santa Barbara: 19,000 SF Retail Space (Apple)
- Guess Inc.
- Better Business Bureau
- Robert Half International
- Transphorm Inc.
- R.R. Donnelly & Sons Company
- The Territory Ahead
- STAR, Inc.
- Channel Industries